Friday, April 29, 2011

happy things to end the week with.


(or playing along with pretty Summer B. who i'm going to meet this weekend!)

image
i was one of the many who watched the entire fairy tale wedding into the early a.m.   

gorgeous, simply beautiful, and classic. i couldn't wait for the balcony kiss but one of my favorite images of the wedding was the two Middleton sisters right after the dress the world was waiting for was finally revealed.

image: NY fashion
it made me think of my twin sister who was "watching" with me via countless texts and phone calls. I'm so very excited because i get to see her in less than 24 hours when we both land in NY!


not only did i stay up to watch the Royal Wedding coverage, but i didn't even go to bed last night because i was also excited my Dallas Mavericks beat Portland to advance to round two of the NBA playoffs! we take on the LA Lakers Monday and i have faith this could be our year (this is what i wore to work during the playoffs last year).

i left work early and treated myself to a much needed pedi. (the color i chose was like a gunmetal but i'm already saving my camera card for NY, so this is an old photo of mine) speaking of pedis... at Pilates class i noticed this woman next to me had a pretty metallic animal print pedicure. After class was over, i told her how pretty i thought her nail polish was and she told me all about Minx and how they do it at the spa she works at. i had never heard of Minx! so she gave me her card and i'm excited to try it out... all because i gave her a compliment. compliments make me happy, not just getting them but especially giving them.

calling all dog mommas! i found the PERFECT toy for your pet with bad breath (like our poor stella bear). Our dogs don't like DentaStix at all {which is crazy cos they love eating!} so we went to this cute dog boutique in search of small doggie mints. The owner introduced us to the minty & bouncy orbee and it is genius! smells good, bounces, and their product is eco-friendly. 


mixed media : sarah eln
i'm the worst at putting off packing for a trip, so i better try and get started cos tomorrow my flight takes off at 6 a.m.! i can't wait to see my sisters and meet some fabulous friends along the way...

but i'm really going to miss this guy. this morning before he left for work he joked that he didn't want me to go. i playfully asked him if he'd miss me? "i miss you already"-- my husband, my darling husband.

oh how i miss that scruff!

i'm planning to leave him a scavenger hunt of love notes to find throughout our house. Excuse my sappiness, i'll blame it on the Royal Wedding. 

and i'll leave you with a quote said during the ceremony...

"Be who God wants you to be, and you will set the world on fire." 

-Saint Catherine


Happy Friday Lovies!!! please say a prayer of safe travels for me and Marianne tomorrow (especially since i hate to fly). xoxo


17 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Friday!! You're going to have sooo much fun in NYC!!

Claire Kiefer said...

I love that quote so much (and hadn't heard it; haven't watched the wedding yet). I totally believe that idea with my whole heart. I recorded the wedding and will watch later, but I do think the dress is very beautiful, and I don't even really like traditional wedding dresses. What a sweet image of Kate and her sis. :)

Speaking of sisters, I know how excited you are and I already got a text from Marianne this morning asking what kinds of shoes to pack! You girls are going to have a wonderful adventure and I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories of my favorite girls together. Wish I could be there! At least I get to see both twinkies AND Summer again soon. :)

love you!

Claire said...

love that photo! I watched it with my mum, sister, 2 nieces and a friend. Dad provided the champagne and teacakes! :)

Unknown said...

I missed the start but watched it for hour's. Have fun in NYC...

SweetLime313 said...

That quote by St. Catherine was awesome! Definitely going in my list of favorite quotes! Have an awesome trip to NYC :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Weekend! You are adorable!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I was up at 1 a.m. too! Oh Kate just looked stunning, her dress was perfect!

Katyha said...

wishing you the most wonderful time away with your sisters. May this time together with your loved ones be a time you cherish forever and time spent away from your husband make your hearts grow fonder.

Kisses xx

beca said...

those dog toys are adorable!
My dogs don't really have bad breath, but they loooove toys.

CarrieMarie said...

soooo sweet! that sister picture is awesome. and i'm so happy you girls will all be together, and in NY!!!!, this weekend. have a ton of fun & tell us all about it! : )

love ya!!

Sarah said...

Yay, NYC! I really hope that you make it to the Shake Shack. It's freakin' ridiculously delicious! Have an amazing time. I also love that Middleton sister pic. It's so sweet. :) Safe and fun travels!

Meghan said...

I just cannot get enough of these beautiful wedding photos! Le sigh. I am such a sucker for romance.

Hope you have the most marvelous trip to NYC!

BlueEyedYonder said...

I was totally up at 4am watching the wedding go down. It was awesome! Such a historical moment, so glad I didn't miss a second of it.

Gracie said...

I hope you have the most amazing time. And seeing Kary's blog it looks like fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.

And compliments are grand. It does makes people feel good and knowing that you have made them smile makes it even better.

Prayers for staying safe!

Summer Athena said...

I HEART YOU AND MARIANNE!

Faiza said...

what a beautiful quote. hope NYC was magical!

Unknown said...

This quote is lovely. I loved her dress i wish i would have went with a traditional dress for my wedding day, ehh 10 year wedding anniversary is around the cornor ;) time will fly by and i can do it all over again. You ladies are going to have a blast! I hope to take a trip with my sister soon before she leaves me to move to TX :(

Sent a prayer! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails