Friday, September 4, 2009

beer bread.

a few of you lovies were asking for the recipe for beer bread.
it's really yummy!!! and easy-as-pie to make. It goes perfect with chili because it's a little sweet tasting. (and for those of you who don't drink, no worries -it doesn't taste like beer)

so this is for the girls who don't know how to cook (like me)
who want to impress their men (or friend/boss/co-worker/crush)


here's my co-worker Pat's recipe:

Beer Bread
3 cups Flour (Self Rising)
½ cup Sugar
1 bottle Beer (any kind / not light)


mix flour and sugar together in a big bowl.
add bottle of beer and continue to mix with a wooden spoon.

pour into a greased loaf pan.

Bake for 45 mins at 375 degrees


Pour one stick of melted butter on top of bread and bake for another 10-15 mins.


it's that simple! I was told that the darker the beer, the better but my co-worker made it with regular Bud and it was delish.


*some recipes call for as little as 1/4 cup of sugar or 3 tablespoons... so if you're watching your sweets you could cut amount of sugar down.

same with the butter. If you'd rather not have a golden/crunchier top (which i LOVE!) then you don't have to add the butter to the top... you could just mix it in the batter from the beginning and keep it baking the whole time.


if you make some, let me know how it goes and also required: a pic of you betty crockers!

happy baking!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll definitely bake the bread for my love as his the biggest beer fan:))) tnx for sharing the recipe! muah*

Jayne said...

YES! Oh, I'm so making this with my roommate lol.

Gabby said...

Wow, that sounds SO easy! I'll be making this for sure.

VanessasRunway said...

This sounds easy enough for me to attempt! I'll for sure make this and let you know how it goes!! :)

Kaylen said...

Hells yes! I'm totally doing this soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails