Friday, January 9, 2009

Life is strange...

us in happier times. me and my then bro-in-laws
this was on my twinki's wedding night
(philip to the left is her groom & now husband)

Today I woke up and saw I had an email from my (now) ex brother-in-law. He was trying to get my Dad's email address and wished us all a Happy New Year, promising that it would be better than 2008.

Immediately I just figured he sent it to me and my seesters. I then saw C's name included and his email. My heart stopped for a second. It's not Augusto's fault, he doesn't know that me and C are no longer together... I think this is even the first time I've admitted that "out loud" to you sweet friends.

But... i'm not ready to talk about it yet.
I guess seeing that C was still on my brother-in-law's mailing list flashed a big reality: C's no longer on my mailing list... or my blackberry messenger, or my life. And the reason he was on Augusto's list and mine? is because he was my family.

Was.

Ew.
That is such a small word with SUCH a huge empty feeling.

Life is funny sometimes.

Today I also got a friend request on facebook from my first serious bf's stepdad, who i always liked. It was sad when me and joel ended because it was a pretty nasty break-up. I was never able to say bye to his family, who at the time, was my family. Fortunately me and joel are friends NOW... but it took a long time to get here.

Life is funny sometimes...
and I hope Augusto's right, that this year will be better than last year. I kind of already believe it's going to be.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails