Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Promises like Pie Crust.

On my wish list: comme si de rien n'eait. (As if Nothing happened)
New album by the GORGEOUS First Lady of France, Carla Bruni.

I watched her last night as a guest on David Letterman (on a sidenote? man, I'm SO going to miss "great moments in Presidential speeches") and was just blown away by her soft-spoken manner, beauty, and grace.

How is it fair that someone can be THAT beautiful, and talented as well? it's not!!! lol
But both she is. You can listen to her album online.

I love her lyrics, like this one:

Promise me no promises,
So will I not promise you:
Keep we both our liberties,
Never false and never true:


Free to come as free to go:
For I cannot know your past,
And of mine what can you know?
You, so warm, may once have been
Warmer towards another one:
I, so cold, may once have seen
Sunlight, once have felt the sun


not the only one blown away... adoration/pics seen here.

1 comment:

la la Lovely said...

Oh I've been wanting to translate..... now I do even more... beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails