Thursday, November 13, 2008

my kuaha. (brother in Filipino)

When I wrote this veteran's day tribute to my father, I forgot to mention my sweet sweet sweet brother, who is currently in the National Guard and has served 2 deployments to Iraq. SERIOUS slap on the hands for that.

I could say something sweet and touching, but I will let him tell it in his own words what it means to be a Veteran today. Here's a bit of his email to the family:

"We were invited to two schools there [cottonwood, AZ]. we were treated to two special veterans day presentations (songs and such) from the kids at these two elementary schools. we had lunch at one of them. you should of seen when i got my food and decided where to sit, every single kid was yelling to sit with them, for the first time in my life, i didn't know where to sit. they were yelling at the other three members of the crew, but mine was the loudest. i appreciate what i do but that day made me appreciate it even more."

I love you dear brother!!!

my papa says that when Marco was little, he always wanted to fly in a "ca-dopter"... what little Marco called helicopters. :) Look at you brother, you're doing it now!!! xo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails