Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gets me every time.

Love Story. 1970.

It was the first movie my parents saw together at the drive-in. My dad's first big gift to my mom was a jewelry box that played the piano solo from the movie.

She still has it.

In High School, I read the book [by Erich Segal] and still believe the opening of the novel is some of the best sentences ever penned by an author.

"What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died?

That she was beautiful. And brilliant. That she loved Mozart and Bach. And the Beatles.

And me. "

i cry every single time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Micaela! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. And of course for leading me to yours---I love it!

I've never seen Love Story but I have read the book and it's a great one! There's a sequel that's pretty good too. In fact, the author Erich Segal has written some other novels that are amazing as well, including one called 'Acts of Faith' that I just loved...worth checking out if you haven't already!

William Street Store said...

Right I need to buy the book now!!!
That one line brought tears to my eyes!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails