Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday: August 27, 2008 Beautiful Stranger.

I was 19 and on a small plane on my way to Germany from Italy to visit my brother. I hate to fly. I hate turbelance... i hate the take-off and the landing... I'm just terrified of it.

[Last summer I had to sit between my sister and her husband on our way from Dallas to Vegas. LOL I just hate to fly. Marianne made fun of me for sitting by her husband where she should be, but she understood.]

On this particular trip though, I was traveling alone. I was seated next to a guy from Holland. I was busy reading a book until we hit a patch of turbelance. Scared and just instinct, I grabbed on to him. He laughed but understood and simply held my hand, telling me it would be okay. At the end of our flight, we exchanged emails and I thanked him for his kindness and off we went in seperate ways in the airport... A simple interaction and nothing romantic about it. Instead, sincere.

A few years later, I got an email from him asking me if I remembered him? Him, who wanted to be an architect... that we shared a flight once and that he came across my email at the bottom of his backpack that day by chance and decided to send it out into the world-- a message to see.
Ever have a quick experience like this? with a total stranger who may never cross your path again.


A Post Secret I've always loved



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails