Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Friday: July 25, 2008 is it good for you?



Current mood: thoughtful



From time to time, I'm going to share with you lovies of mine who keep up with my words/life something that touches me. A song. A excerpt from the novel I'm reading... a quote, or whatever I happen to stumble upon.



Today I went outside on my break to use my phone and i lit my cig on the WRONG end. I know right? I wasn't even drunk. ha A sign I must give it up. Gladly, too in a way. Another bad thing I "picked" up along the way...



But I do this thing-- okay me and God have this game you see, just us lol-- where I ask God to give me a sign by the song that's playing on the radio when I happen to turn it on. Yesterday on my way to work I did this and the song that was on was "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eyed Cherry. It's a great song with personal meaning. It was a song that I heard on my last night in Italy on my dolce vita-- the summer of my life. I was in a car with my best friend and the guys who stole our hearts and we were driving in my francesco's car trying to beat the sunrise... because our flight was early that next morning.

I NEVER thought I would get over that hit/miss in life... I was willing to put off college for him... to learn italian... to do the unthinkable.

That song will always remind me of that time and that heartache... I never thought I would get over. But now.. now, I can look back and smile because that was something I can tell my nieces about one day. My point is... songs/music has the power to heal. Or understand.

One of my all time favorite CD's from start to end is Third Eye Blind's.
LOVE IT.
And it's no small coincidence that I happened to get reaccquainted with it now. Right now in this moment in my crazy life.


This was the song that was on during my break today. It's for you :)


"Good For you" by 3eb

Hey, will you stay a while.
My smile will not mislead you,
Cause I've been alone, my faith turned to stone,
Still there's something in you, that I believe in,
Close to your pierce,
I go wild and fierce,
Still I let you be,
I feel you next to me,
'Cause outside I feel,
A wind it starts to blow,
I'm taken in your undertow.
Everything is fine I'm lonely all the time,
Cause All I want to do is be there for the things that you're going through,
Well is it good for you,
Is it good for you.
Cause you haunt my nights when I don't know where my life should go,
Well is it good for you,
Is it good for you.

Hey, child please stay awhile.
My smile will not mislead you.
Cause I've been without.
I go wild with doubt,
I grab at you,
I can't stop grabbing at you,
Cause I feel you cross my mind in disarray,
intoxicated ricochet,
There's nothing wrong,
just don't take too long,

Cause all I want to do is be there For the things that you're going through.
Well is it good for you,
Is it good for you?
Cause you haunt my nights when I don't know where my life should go,
Well is it good for you?
Is it good for you?
All I want to do is be there for the things that you're going through.
Well is it good for you (good for you)?
Well is it good for you (good for you)?
Cause you haunt my nights when I don't know where my life should go, (my life should go)
Well is it good for you (good for you)?Well is it good for you?


*pic taken from A Cup of Jo LOOOOVE her

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails